The remodeling of the old farm home. How do I make it mine on a budget? It is going to take time, TIME- I am one that wants it done quickly. Yesterday as I was in Hobby Lobby looking at stencils to put a scripture inside these walls, I saw the scripture Psalms 46:10, Be still and KNOW that I am God. I think this is the one. So simple and yet profound.
Be still… being still is NOT a lack of action. It is a posture of trust. We need to be still. We need to be planted . Regardless of the winds, the waves and the culture around us.
What does this say to me ? As I ponder on this, he is still patiently telling me, Darla, delight in me. Trust in me. Commit ALL to me and then BE STILL and know my peace like a river.
So this early morning, I will make the choice to slow down, enjoy the process of the farm coming together one day at a time. Be still and thank my Father that He is in complete control. Because sometimes, we need to be reminded to stop everything and put our eyes on the Lord.
1. Zechariah 2:13 Be still before the LORD, all mankind, because he has roused himself from his holy dwelling.”
2. Psalm 46:10-11 “Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world.” The LORD of Heaven’s Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Interlude
3. Exodus 14:14 The LORD will fight for you while you keep still.”
4. Habakkuk 2:20 “The LORD is in his holy Temple. All the earth—be quiet in his presence.”
5. 1 Samuel 12:16 “Now then, stand still and see this great thing the LORD is about to do before your eyes!
6. Exodus 14:13 But Moses told the people, “Don’t be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again.